Saturday, August 23, 2014

wifi hotspot - How to share internet among 2 android devices?


I have in my possession a G1 and a new Android tablet (the Kmart one, the Gentouch). The Gentouch uses wifi to access the internet; the G1 uses a T-Mobile cellular connection. Ideally, I'd like to somehow cause that G1 to emit a wifi access point, so that whenever the G1 and the Gentouch are in close proximity, the Gentouch can piggyback off the G1's internet connection and reach the internet itself. Assuming I am willing/able to root both devices if necessary, how would I accomplish such a task?



Answer



There are apps on the market that can do this on most rooted phone. Barnacle is pretty popular for this and people seem to like it. Actually the first review for the app is someone doing exactly what you want to do just with an Ipad. Just search for "barnacle wifi hotspot" on the Market, good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...