Wednesday, August 6, 2014

samsung galaxy s 6 - Is it possible to reset the compass calibration to factory settings?


My Samsung Galaxy S6 indicates constantly the wrong direction in Maps, compass apps, etc. as it shows the North always towards the left side of the phone. (This might be a long-term effect of the magnetic phone case.) Compass calibration is reported as "very good" and re-calibrating the compass by moving the phone in a 8-figure pattern doesn't have any effect.


Is it possible to somehow reset the compass calibration to factory settings?



Answer



Thankfully, it looks like removing the phone from the magnetic case and re-calibrating it fixed the issue.


I've thrown the magnetic case on the bottom of a closet and I'm never using it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...