Wednesday, May 1, 2019

kernel - Making external wifi adapter work on Android


I am having a problem understanding what options I have to use my external wifi adapter, TL WN722N, on my Android Phone. I am using a galaxy s10+, rooted with magisk, no custom recovery/kernel. My questions are:



  • I need to install the driver for this wifi adapter into my Android kernel right?


  • Do I need to rebuild the kernel for this? I.e. install the driver into the kernel and then flash the kernel, or is there a way where I can load a kernel module which contains the driver without flashing a custom kernel which contains this driver?

  • What options do I have to install this driver on my Android phone? I am having a hard time finding out how to install this driver into my android phone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...