Thursday, May 23, 2019

browser - Page up and page down in web pages and elsewhere


I can't figure out a usable way of scrolling page by page. I'm using Android 4.1 (stock Android from Google). I have root access if needed. I want this especially in the default browser, but a solution that works in all applications would be better.



I've found three ways to scroll down by one page.



  • Set my finger down at the bottom of the page, drag it to the top in a vertical line, raise my finger. This is clumsy because it requires a long finger gesture.

  • A flicking motion in the up direction. This is clumsy because it requires flicking by the exact amount, otherwise the text scrolls by more or less than one page. I just can't manage that much precision.

  • A sufficiently forceful flicking motion, then set my finger down when the text has reached the point where I want it to be. This requires more finger strength than I would like and a lot of visual concentration; my finger-eye coordination is nowhere near enough to succeed with reasonably high probability.


Given how common the “page down” task is, there must be a better way that I'm missing. What is it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...