Wednesday, May 15, 2019

cyanogenmod - Partitioned sdcard not working with link2sd


I have a 4GB SD card which is partitioned into 3GB and 1GB (Well it's not 1GB it's approx. 750 MB) (I used it through my phone 'cause i didn't have a reader and i used mini tool partition wizard) then I put my data back onto the 3GB partition. Link2SD showed me a screen titled :"select the file system of your SD card's second partition" which has 4 options:



  • ext2

  • ext3


  • ext4

  • FAT32/FAT16


The 1GB partition is ext2 so I choose ext2 and restarted my phone. It showed the same message every time and it tells me "If you're getting this message after reboot it means that the second partition cannot be mounted automatically at boot"


My phone is a rooted Vodafone 858 Smart / Huawei 8160 it's running CM7.2


I tried to reformat and repartition but nothing worked.



Answer



Requirements:



  • have a SDcard with a second partition that is ext2/ext3/ext4/... formatted.


  • be sure /data/sdext2 exists

  • be sure that mount-scripts are in place (menu->more->recreate mount scripts in link2sd)


If unsure, do as root via adb:


df | grep sdext2 should show you a mounted ext2/ext3/... mmcblk0p2 partition


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...