Friday, May 3, 2019

6.0 marshmallow - How do I dismiss just the next occurrence of a recurring alarm?


Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday in the UK so I don't want my "Work" alarm to go off. I could turn the whole alarm off, but then I'd have to remember to turn it back on again before I go to bed on Monday night. Or I could turn off Monday's occurrence, but again I'd have to remember to reinstate it before next Monday.


So what I'd like to do is just dismiss the next occurrence of the alarm. A Google search came up with this help page - https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2840926?hl=en-GB :



Dismiss next alarm


If you have an alarm that's set to repeat, you can dismiss the next instance of the alarm. That way your alarm will still be turned on for future instances.



Which describes exactly what I want to do. It goes on to list the procedure as:





  1. Open the Clock app. Clock

  2. At the top, touch the alarm clock iconalarm.

  3. Under the alarm you want to dismiss, touch "Dismiss Now" dismiss alarm.



However, I'm not seeing the "Dismiss Now" option.


Where is it or what am I doing wrong?



Answer



As far as I know, you can't, and I'm afraid there's a misunderstanding/mistake by Google.


I checked the help support in English (US), and for the same topic, it instead mentions,




Dismiss next alarm


If you have an alarm scheduled to go off within the next two hours, you can dismiss the next instance of your alarm. If your alarm is set to repeat, your alarm will still be turned on for future instances.


(Emphasis mine)



It only means that you can dismiss it if it goes off in 2 hours (like for other alarms), but for repeating alarm, Android will set the next alarm automatically.




I have posted this issue on Google Product Forum. Hopefully they will correct it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...