Friday, May 17, 2019

storage - Why am I constantly running out of space on my Galaxy S2?


I have a Galaxy S2 running Android 4.1.2. It has a 12GB internal HD, and a 16GB SD card.


I keep getting errors from various programs telling me I am running out of space. BeyondPod won't download new episodes, Evernote keeps putting up a notification of a lack of space (even though it seems to be storing everything), and sometimes apps won't update.



I have tried to ensure I have no superfluous apps, and I haven't really changed the apps I use since I first ever started using the device. I keep any large files, like music collections or videos, on my SD card.


When I connect my device by USB to my Linux computer and check the properties of my 12GB HD, it says 9.9 GB is used. But if I browse the files, every folder seems to have barely kilobytes of information.


Why is my 12GB HD filling up, and how do I clear it out so I don't get these errors?


Update: My phone is rooted, so if that is something that can help me in this situaton, then root access is available to me.



Answer



Signed up to the site specifically to answer this question. I'm also using a Samsung Galaxy S2 with lots of storage but constantly full. I could not install applications or do pretty much anything.


I'm using Cyanogenmod, but this applies to all Androids.


What I did was using a file explorer with Root Permissions (to see all the files), navigated to the /data/logs folder.


The contents of the folder totalled over 1 GB, causing the problem. I deleted all files in that folder and it workes fine now.


As to why this is happening, I don't know - but I do know how to fix it. Hope this helps!



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...