Saturday, March 2, 2019

wi fi - Android and Network attached storage server


I am trying to organize my digital archive (pictures and movies). My wife and I store a lot of stuff on our Android phones. Before I buy a NAS device I would love to hear which protocol I should be looking to use with a NAS. What I want is to connect my Andoid phone in most natural way to a NAS and to be able read, write and use pictures from the NAS.


Is there any good client for NAS servers, or is there any file explorer which cloud be integrate whit NAS so I can browse files.



It would be ideal if I could find some sync software that would automatically backup data from my phone to a NAS.



Answer



I have a NAS that uses standard Windows shares (SMB) and I use the Image Transfer app to push all my new pictures and videos to my server over wireless (it's a paid app but very cheap and in my opinion worth the small fee).


Also see this previous question: App to sync photos to a network drive over wifi? which has a few alternatives and where Image Transfer came top.


My device comes with a web-page interface, which is how I do most viewing of pictures, files etc


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...