Wednesday, March 27, 2019

samsung galaxy s 2 - Rooting GT-i9100G under linux


What is the safest method to root a Samsung Galaxy S 2 i9100 G under a GNU/Linux system? (ArchLinux).


I am a programmer (without android programming experience, only desktop and web), it does not need to be "one click away", but the method has to be safe and you've tried it and it works.


I have adb installed and it works, if rooting the phone involves using it too.


Android version: 2.3.6
Baseband version: i9100gxxkl4
Build number: gingerbread.xxlb1


Answer



This should get you started. Please, carefully check your versions to make sure the files you use are intended for your phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...