Thursday, March 21, 2019

alarm - how be woken up by receiving a text message with an Android phone?


I am on call sometimes, and get sms and email from our systems. I need to be woken up by them, but right now, that isn't happening.


I use Locale, and the Locale "Inbound SMS" Plug-in, but that does not seem to be working yet (with a test account, it does not go full loud and alt ring tone).


The sender is an email to sms gateway that is unique to this and always the same, the messages start with the same words.


I would like it to do something like have a song starts playing loudly.



It would also be nice if it sanely handled getting 200 pages in 10 min (probably just disable Locale).


Android 1.6 on at T-Mobile G1. I could root it if need be, but really rather not.


Any tips or thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...