Friday, March 8, 2019

recovery mode - How to enter password for decrypt without system keyboard on android


I was trying to release some internal memory on my CUBOT GT-99, so I started disabling some system apps using one rooted app. One of apps I was disabled is system keyboard because I don’t use it beside Swift Keyborad. I was totaly forget that I use system keyboard whan I turn on my phone, becouse I encrypt my phone, so I need system keyboard to enter the password. Now phone ask me for decrypting password but don’t show me the keyboard, so I can’t enter password and can’t system run.


One of my idea is to use Android SDK, if there's some tool or something (?) to use PC Keyboard instead of disabled system keyboard (I don’t know anything about Android SDK).


If there is no other option I'm ready to do hard reset, but I don't know how to do this in this situation.


Please can someone give me any other idea and tutor how to solve this.



Answer



Solved.


First of all, I didn't know how to enter in Recovery Mode on CUBOT GT-99, but accidentally I enter in it, and I want share this with you because I didn't find it on internet.


Press POWER for 1 sec and than release...phone vibrate...Immediately after vibration press and hold POWER & VOLUME+ button.



In recovery mode it alows me to:


apply update from ADB/sdcard/cache


wipe data/factory reset


wipe cache partition


backuo/restore user data


I tried to establish a connection with the ADB, but it did not work because of encrtyption. I made a backup user data and after that I dona Factory Reset.


The new system had the same problem, there is no system keyboard. so I've installed the Swift Keyboard from computer using the command adb install %PATH_OF_PACKAGE_ON_PC%.


I finally had some keyboard with which I could enter my email address and password to enter in Google play. There I installed Root App Delete (with which I had previously disabled the system keyboard), to re-enable the system keyboard.


In the end all I needed is to go to the system recovery and restore user data witch i made before Factory reset.


That's it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...