Tuesday, March 19, 2019

auto start - Is there any way to let Facebook run only when I want?


Is there any way to let the Facebook app run only when I want to use it and really close it when i don't need it?


I've already disabled it with autostarts, moved to sd, yet it is still running 24/7.


I don't want to appear on the Facebook chat, also don't want to waste 30mb of ram, and of course there are no FB widgets on the home screen



Answer




With root, it's possible to use an app like Ice Box to freeze the app and unfreeze it only when needed. It can be set up to freeze the app again when the phone goes to sleep. In this way the most invasive apps like Facebook, Instagram, will only run when the user want it. (Of course no notifications will appear)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...