Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Can I use Google Play gift cards in my country?


I recently found out that there are now Google Play gift cards. Something I've been looking forward to. The downer? It's not available for sale at my country (Philippines). So I want to know, if I get a friend from the US buy a card for me and send me the card code, will I be able to use it on my account that is based in the Philippines? I'm asking this because when I tried going to the redeem page, it said it's unavailable for my country and thus, didn't provide me with any way to enter a redeem code.


What I have in mind is I would TeamView my friend's PC on the US and log-in my account there then I will top-up my Google Play account that way. The question is, will it work? I mean, won't it detect that I was logging in from the Philippines just awhile ago? I wouldn't want to waste money with buying a gift card if it won't be usable anyway. My friend is an iOS user so I can't just sell it to him either.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...