Saturday, May 14, 2016

Can't scan QR code for WhatsApp web due to camera inverted or tilted on Galaxy Y Duos


First of all, I already read the other posts about problems reading the QR Code, and my problem is different.



  1. I have a Galaxy Y Duos, so my screen is bigger than 4 inches.

  2. I do get the "Ok, got it" message, and can successfully press it.

  3. I'm using Google Chrome.

  4. My WhatsApp is up to date (re-installed it several times trying to solve the problem)



What is happening is that the display for the camera inside WhatsApp is inverted (or tilted sideways). When I move the phone up and down, the image goes left and right, and vice-versa. It is like that both for taking pictures to send someone, and for scanning the QR code.


So, since the QR code depends on orientation of the image, the app cannot read the inverted image. I tried inverting the PC screen itself to correct the issue, but it seems that there's no screen orientation that gives the proper reading of the code. Plus it's really annoying trying to focus the code, as the image doesn't behave as expected.


The camera works fine outside WhatsApp and other QR readers (I have QR Droid installed) works perfectly.


The problem is also independent of screen auto-rotation, I turned it on and off, and tried to manually rotate the screen, but the camera image stays tilted.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...