Thursday, May 5, 2016

applications - Android apps for "armeabi-v7a" and "x86" architecture: SoC vs. Processor vs. ABI


While downloading Android apps, sometimes I have seen apps for armeabi-v7a and x86 architecture.


I read some references for armeabi-v7a and x86 architecture. However, at the end, I couldn't finalize which mobile processors and architectures belong to armeabi-v7a and which belong to x86.


As per my knowledge, mobile processors commonly used in Android devices are Snapdragon (by Qualcomm), MediaTek, Exynos (by Samsung) and Kirin (by Huawei). Almost all brands explain specifications of a smartphone and almost all specifications say mobile processor is 64-bit or not. Should I conclude that 64-bit of mobile processors (Snapdragon, MediaTek, Exynos or Kirin) belong to ARM architecture?


EDIT:
To understand which SoC supports armeabi-v7a Android apk and which SoC supports x86 Android apk, I have gone through the specifications of MediaTek Helio X30 and Snapdragon 855. The specification of Helio X30 says, it supports dual-core ARM Cortex-A73 and quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 but ARM is not mentioned anywhere in the specification of Snapdragon 855. So should I conclude that Helio X30 will support armeabi-v7a Android apps and Snapdragon 855 will not support armeabi-v7a apps?


Please clarify my confusions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...