Monday, May 16, 2016

rooting - How do I root a Huawei X3?


I have a Huawei X3 (U8510) which I've purchased for testing Android applications I'm developing. I'd like to root this, but as I've not had any experience with rooting Android handsets, its something I'm approaching with some caution.


What is the recommended way to root the X3? I've found mention of a Windows app called SuperOneClick, which looks like it may be useful. My development machine is a Mac, but I'm not adverse to using Windows apps to do this if its easier.



Answer



Full rooting instructions for Huawei IDEOS X3 (U8510) are posted on this thread over at XDA:





  1. Download the Automatic Root Enabler for the X3. For more recent versions I suggest checking original thread and the forum it's in as I may not be able to update this thread all the time.

  2. Install the latest USB drivers for the X3. Search for the latest version of "HUAWEI Android Phones USB Driver" from the Huawei Downloads site.

  3. Turn on USB Debugging from Settings -> Application -> Development on the X3.

  4. Connect the X3 to your PC via microUSB.

  5. Run the Automatic Root Enabler and it should start rooting your phone automatically.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...