Monday, May 16, 2016

cyanogenmod - "Access Point Name settings not available for this user"


This was probably an issue before but only became an issue when I changed providers in a foreign country. Running CM12.1 nightlies.


I can't connect to data and get the above message when I try to manually enter the APN settings.


I have tried:




  1. The other fix on this site to change permission in com.android.providers.telephony to 660 from 751 but that resulted in non-stop error messages from the phone app.

  2. Upgrade to the latest nightly with the new SIM inside. No change in service or in ability to change APN

  3. Delete the data and cache for the settings app

  4. Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.

  5. Downgrading to CM 11 milestone



Answer



sigh factory reset did the trick.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...