Sunday, May 29, 2016

7.0 nougat - How to fix the problem of offline packages not downloading in Google Translate?


I'm having a problem with Google Translate and downloading offline packages for any language. I tap the download button next to the language, it says "Starting download" and the indicator is spinning, but nothing happens and the language pack is not downloaded. The app has the permission to use the storage.


My setup: the latest version of Google Translate (v5.20.0.RC10.199570264), on an Xperia L1 with Android 7. I should stress that with previous versions this used to work.


What I have tried:



1) Clearing cache and data of both the app and Google play (also the services).


2) Unistalling and reinstalling.


3) Rebooting.


4) Unistalling, rebooting and then reinstalling.


5) Moving the app to SD. Also the opposite.


6) Checking the permissions (everything is allowed).


7) All combinations of all of the above.


I'm about to try a factory reset, but before going nuclear I'd like to try some alternative.


Any hints/ideas are welcome!



Answer




The issue was solved by clearing the data of download manager as confirmed by OP .


Go to Settings → Applications → Download manager → Clear data.


The download should proceed as normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...