Thursday, February 23, 2017

Google Play Games without Google Plus


Lots of Android games have some "achievement" features that give you badges for completing some task in the game. This sounds like fun and I'd like to try it.


Apparently, those features are only available once you are signed in to Google Play Games. I don't mind that. I do mind, however, that trying to register to Google Play Games asks me to create a Google+ profile, which I definitely do not want (I don't want another social networking account, and I particularly don't want a potentially public social networking account associated with my personal gaming activities).



Is there are way to use Google Play Games features without a Google+ account?



Answer



It is possible now. As mentioned here



  • Players are prompted to sign-in once per account, rather than once per game

  • Players no longer need their account upgraded to Google+ to use Play Games services

  • Once players have signed-in for the first time, they will no longer need to sign in to any future games; they will be automatically signed in


Note: Players can turn off auto-sign-in through the Play Games App’s settings


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...