Tuesday, February 3, 2015

printing - Is there any way to print directly from the phone?


I'm pretty sure the answer is "no" since printer manufacturers haven't yet started making drivers for Android (or iPhone).


I guess I'm just curious if anyone has heard anything about this and if/when it will become a reality. (or perhaps if it already is, and I'm just oblivious to it?)



Answer



That is a great question. I went looking for that functionality back in the spring but only found apps that would let you print to wifi enabled printers.



I just looked again and came across PrinterShare, which looks pretty cool. Apparently you can print to a wifi printer, or with software installed on a local pc you can print over the internet to the attached printer. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet and it looks a little pricey but seems promising.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...