Sunday, February 1, 2015

battery life - How to disable Google Search?



Recently my phone started to lose charge faster. It just occurred to me to check Battery in Settings, and I saw that Google Search is responsible for 29%, Screen coming in second with 23%.


I set up Google Now a few weeks back, is it the same thing?


If not, what exactly is Google Search? Is it something I actually use, and Google Search is just a collective name for them? Can I turn it off?



Answer



Google Search is the package that contains both Google Search and Google Now. I think you can disable Google Now while keeping the search part by going into Now->Settings->Switch Google Now (first item).


If it doesn't solves your problem, then you can disable Google Search in Settings->Applications->Google Search->Disable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...