Saturday, February 28, 2015

applications - Clear popup/push notification of an app without getting it removed from Notification drawer


I'm currently using an LG G3 with Lollipop 5.0.1.


The problem I'm having is that when I'm using an app (or just doing something general on my phone) and I receive a text or similar notification a pop-up shows up on my screen explaining what the notification is. For example, the first sentence of a text, or a snippet of a Facebook post. I know this is normal but the issue is that if I'm currently doing something important and I want to clear the pop-up, if I swipe right (or press the "X") to dismiss the notification it clears it entirely i.e. from the Notification drawer too.


See the example of a situation where this happens, in order to clear up any confusion with my issue:


I'm sending an important email to a coworker when my friend texts me. I don't want to read my friend's text right now but the pop-up still blocks a portion of the screen. In such a situation my options are:



  1. Wait about 5 seconds for the pop-up to disappear.

  2. Clear the pop-up so I can resume emailing my coworker (preferred because it allows me to resume typing the email immediately).



The problem with option 2 is that if I clear the pop-up notification all other indications that I received a text are also cleared (meaning the top bar notification & the little red "1" on the messaging app). So if I happened to send a really long email to my coworker, there's a chance I'll completely forget to respond to my friend once I'm done.


So, is there a way to clear a pop-up notification without clearing all other signs of the notification?



Answer



Unfortunately, in Android 5.0.1 any action done to the notification that isn't opening it will dismiss it. If you can, upgrade to 5.1. In this version, swiping up on the notification will hide it but keep it in the notification panel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...